There have been a number of reports that BBGG emails are not getting through to some BBGG members. Reasons include:
– Out of date contact details
– Company IT policy changes
– Firewalls & SPAM filters
There are some things you can do to help ensure BBGG contact is maintained, and to receive messages about BBGG events and the upcoming Bowen Basin Symposium:
1. Update your contact details on the BBGG website, especially when your employment status changes.
2. Discuss BBGG events in your team meetings and encourage your peers to either confirm their details on the BBGG website, sign-up to the BBGG if they are not already members, or check their junk mail filters to ensure BBGG emails/emails from email@example.com are not being blocked.
3. Check your junk mail regularly and stop BBGG emails being blocked by your email client.
4. Confirm that your company’s firewall/SPAM filters are allowing “MailChimp” emails into your inbox. MailChimp is used to distribute bulk emails easily, however, it spoofs the firstname.lastname@example.org email address. SPAM filter look for spoofing and if it’s recognised, it will prevent the email from even getting to your junk mail. They may even prevent general emails coming from email@example.com. You will need to discuss this with your IT department if you believe this is occurring.
5. Check in on the BBGG website for updates every once in a while.
6. Make contact with the BBGG Secretary if you’re not receiving updates.