Register on the Events page to avoid missing out!
A draft program is available here.
The 2020 Bowen Basin Symposium: Expression of Interest for sponsorship can be found on the main menu, or click the link above to view a copy.
There have been a number of reports that BBGG emails are not getting through to some BBGG members. Reasons include:
– Out of date contact details
– Company IT policy changes
– Firewalls & SPAM filters
There are some things you can do to help ensure BBGG contact is maintained, and to receive messages about BBGG events and the upcoming Bowen Basin Symposium:
1. Update your contact details on the BBGG website, especially when your employment status changes.
2. Discuss BBGG events in your team meetings and encourage your peers to either confirm their details on the BBGG website, sign-up to the BBGG if they are not already members, or check their junk mail filters to ensure BBGG emails/emails from firstname.lastname@example.org are not being blocked.
3. Check your junk mail regularly and stop BBGG emails being blocked by your email client.
4. Confirm that your company’s firewall/SPAM filters are allowing “MailChimp” emails into your inbox. MailChimp is used to distribute bulk emails easily, however, it spoofs the email@example.com email address. SPAM filter look for spoofing and if it’s recognised, it will prevent the email from even getting to your junk mail. They may even prevent general emails coming from firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to discuss this with your IT department if you believe this is occurring.
5. Check in on the BBGG website for updates every once in a while.
6. Make contact with the BBGG Secretary if you’re not receiving updates.
Please note that the BBGG Secretary, Danique Bax, got married at the end of 2018, and has taken on her husband’s surname. Therefore, Danique Gerber and Danique Bax are one in the same. Please update the contact details used to touch base with the BBGG to email@example.com. All future emails will come from this address, so it is recommended you confirm that your spam filters don’t send future BBGG emails to junk mail.
Please note that the BBGG Secretary, Danique Bax, no longer works for New Hope Group, and has taken a new position at RPM Global. Please update the contact details used to touch base with the BBGG to firstname.lastname@example.org. All future emails will come from this address, so it is recommended you confirm that your spam filters don’t send future BBGG emails to junk mail.
Registration for the final BBGG Meeting of 2017 is now available on the BBGG Events page. Come and join us at BHP’s Goonyella Riverside Mine on 8 November 2017, to learn about the geology and geotechnical attributes of one of the Bowen Basin’s most historic mines.
Thanks to our friends at Glencore, the second BBGG meeting for 2016 will be held in Glenden, with a mine tour to Suttor Creek. Registration can be activated by visiting the BBGG Events page.
There are limited places available, so get in quick to avoid disappointment!
The Coalfield Geology Council of New South Wales is facilitating a Coal Quality Workshop presented by Professor Colin Ward of the University of NSW.
When: Friday 15 July 2016
Time: 8:00am to 4:30pm
Where: Tocal Agricultural Centre, Paterson Rd, Tocal, NSW
Cost: $300 (including GST & Lunch!)
Further details can be found by clicking here.
Workshop registration can be completed by emailing the Coalfield Geology Council of NSW at email@example.com