New Hope Group & the BBGG would like to invite you to the third BBGG meeting of 2019, for the final chance to see operations at Jeebropilly Mine.
WHERE: Rosewood Golf Club (Karrabin Rosewood Road, Rosewood)
DATE: Wednesday 11 September 2019
TIME: Approximately 9:00 am til 5:00 pm
PPE: Please bring your own long sleeve high-vis shirt, long pants, safety boots, hard hat and safety glasses.
New Hope Group are looking into options for bus transportation from/to Brisbane CBD. Please register your interest in using this service when you reserve your place for this meeting. Registering your interest in a seat on the bus is not confirmation at this stage; further seat confirmation requirements will be advertised at a later date.
Registrations are limited to 50 people.
A preliminary agenda is as follows:
09:00 – 09:30 Arrival at Rosewood Golf Club, visitor sign-in/registration
09:30 – 10:30 Welcome messages, site induction/familiarisation etc.
10:30 – 11:00 Morning Tea
11:00 – 12:30 Technical Presentations
12:30 – 13:30 Lunch
13:30 – 16:30 Pit tour (includes quick site visit to Oakleigh then Jeebropilly)
16:30 – 17:00 Return to Rosewood Golf Club, final business and departure
Click here to reserve your place at this meeting
The BBGG has a proud history of presenting the Bowen Basin Symposium (BBS) every 5 years since 1985. The 2020 Bowen Basin Symposium is shaping up to be the most adventurous and exciting Symposium yet.
The theme of 2020’s event is looking “Beyond 2020: The Future of Coal”. This is an opportunity to look back at where we have come from, where we are now and where we are going.
Please put the dates in your diary, make plans to attend and contribute. Look out for updates on the Symposium website and/or sign up for membership of the BBGG now.
Renate Sliwa was awarded the 2019 Leichhardt Award at a dinner at Korte’s Resort, in Rockhampton, Queensland on 3 July 2019.
Read more about Renate’s award and citation here.
The BBGG hosted the 2019 BBGG-ACARP Meeting at the CQU Rockhampton North campus on 3-4 July 2019.
The event provided an opportunity for industry and research to collaborate on projects being completed through ACARP: the Australian Coal Association Research Program. Research presented throughout the day is available for BBGG members to peruse on the 2019 BBGG-ACARP Meeting page.
The event was covered in the media:
WIN News: unfortunately all we have is a camera recording of the TV, but better than nothing!
CQU’s Media: https://www.cqu.edu.au/cquninews/stories/general-category/2019/coal-mining-experts-and-researchers-gather-at-cquni-rockhampton-north
Register on the Events page to avoid missing out!
A draft program is available here.
The 2020 Bowen Basin Symposium: Expression of Interest for sponsorship can be found on the main menu, or click the link above to view a copy.
There have been a number of reports that BBGG emails are not getting through to some BBGG members. Reasons include:
– Out of date contact details
– Company IT policy changes
– Firewalls & SPAM filters
There are some things you can do to help ensure BBGG contact is maintained, and to receive messages about BBGG events and the upcoming Bowen Basin Symposium:
1. Update your contact details on the BBGG website, especially when your employment status changes.
2. Discuss BBGG events in your team meetings and encourage your peers to either confirm their details on the BBGG website, sign-up to the BBGG if they are not already members, or check their junk mail filters to ensure BBGG emails/emails from firstname.lastname@example.org are not being blocked.
3. Check your junk mail regularly and stop BBGG emails being blocked by your email client.
4. Confirm that your company’s firewall/SPAM filters are allowing “MailChimp” emails into your inbox. MailChimp is used to distribute bulk emails easily, however, it spoofs the email@example.com email address. SPAM filter look for spoofing and if it’s recognised, it will prevent the email from even getting to your junk mail. They may even prevent general emails coming from firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to discuss this with your IT department if you believe this is occurring.
5. Check in on the BBGG website for updates every once in a while.
6. Make contact with the BBGG Secretary if you’re not receiving updates.
Please note that the BBGG Secretary, Danique Bax, got married at the end of 2018, and has taken on her husband’s surname. Therefore, Danique Gerber and Danique Bax are one in the same. Please update the contact details used to touch base with the BBGG to email@example.com. All future emails will come from this address, so it is recommended you confirm that your spam filters don’t send future BBGG emails to junk mail.
Please note that the BBGG Secretary, Danique Bax, no longer works for New Hope Group, and has taken a new position at RPM Global. Please update the contact details used to touch base with the BBGG to firstname.lastname@example.org. All future emails will come from this address, so it is recommended you confirm that your spam filters don’t send future BBGG emails to junk mail.