BBGG 2015 SYMPOSIUM – 7-9th OCTOBER 2015
BRISBANE CONVENTION & EXHIBITION CENTRE, MERIVALE ST, BRISBANE QLD, AUSTRALIA
2015 BOWEN BASIN SYMPOSIUM REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN !! THE LINK IS: www.bbsymposium.com.au
One of the Resource industry’s best value technical events for 2015 which includes:
- Workshops, Industry Booth Displays and Symposium Dinner
- Addition details available at the Bowen Basin Sympsoium website
- Click on the “Register Now” button and complete your registration & payment details
• Many thanks to Syeda Areeba Ayaz – (PhD Fellow at University of Queensland) who recently presented her research findings at the recent joint BBGG/ AIG joint meeting on 15th of July, 2014 . The presentation entitled “CONFIRMING STRATIGRAPHY THROUGH TEPHROCHRONOLOGY – LATE PERMIAN FORT COOPER AND EQUIVALENT COAL MEASURES, BOWEN BASIN” provoked a lot of discussion amongst those who attended with the results to be published in the near future.
• Also many thanks to Tom Simpson and Rod Carlson from the AIG who ran the meeting and arranged the venue.
Successful Quarterly Meeting at the Baralaba Coal Mine Central Queensland – 1/10/2014
A total of around 40 people attended the BBGG Quarterly Meeting held at Baralaba on Wednesday 1st of October 2014. After meeting at the Baralaba Bowls Club for registration and a technical meeting the group then proceeded to the Baralaba Coal Mine for a tour of the operations. Many thanks to Richard Punt, Alex Bell and Victoria Treacy and others from Cockatoo Coal for presenting and organising the day. Thanks are also extended to Alex Duran from Pells Sullivan Meynink for giving an insight into the geotechnical challenges on site. David Green from GEMS was also able to update the group on recent advances in Coal Log. Cockatoo Coal is thanked for its support of the event. Photos and information relating to the day are available via the “Publications” tab on the home page.